1. (Virtualized) A guest operating system or application running on a virtual machine.Source or sample of word "virtualize"
2. Virtualization is the creation of a virtual (rather than actual) version of something, such as an operating system, a server, a storage device or network resources. ...Source or sample of word "virtualize"
3. (Virtualization) A process/software designed to reduce server management costs through automation, while providing more control over service levels.Source or sample of word "virtualize"
4. Virtualization is a board computing term for running software, usually operating systems, concurrently and isolated from other programs on one system. Most existing implementations of virtualization use a hypervisor, a software layer on top of an operating system, to abstract hardware. ...Source or sample of word "virtualize"
5. (Virtualization) A framework or methodology of dividing the resources of a computer into multiple execution environments, by applying one or more concepts or technologies such as hardware and software partitioning, time-sharing, partial or complete machine simulation, emulation, quality of ...Source or sample of word "virtualize"
6. (Virtualization) A method of partitioning one physical server computer into multiple “virtual” servers, giving each the appearance and capabilities of running on its own dedicated machine. Each virtual server functions as a full-fledged server and can be independently rebooted.Source or sample of word "virtualize"
7. (Virtualization) A software technology allowing an operating system to run unmodified on an isolated virtual environment, called virtual machine, where a platform's physical characteristics and behaviours are reproduced.Source or sample of word "virtualize"
8. (Virtualization) Abstraction of a host's resources and attributes from a guest's software assets.Source or sample of word "virtualize"
9. (Virtualization) Bullshit term that describes the process of taking concrete, real-world entities and processes and turning them into symbolic digital representations for further electronic processing. ...Source or sample of word "virtualize"
10. (Virtualization) Manage the properties of a system by managing the global Namespaces (see Namespace, Trust Virtualization)Source or sample of word "virtualize"
11. (Virtualization) The technique of managing and presenting storage devices and resources functionally, regardless of their physical layout or location.Source or sample of word "virtualize"
12. (Virtualization) This is an umbrella term that refers to enhancing the way your IT environment operates. Virtualization simplifies a physical IT infrastructure, providing centralized management over your technology assets and better flexibility of resource sharing. ...Source or sample of word "virtualize"
13. (Virtualization) the process of translating part of the application executable code into instructions of a virtual machine with an instruction set, architecture and logic that is unknown to a potential cracker. ...Source or sample of word "virtualize"
14. (virtualization) (p. 523) Accessibility through technology that allows business to be conducted independent of location.Source or sample of word "virtualize"
15. (virtualization) Presenting a set of computing resources so that they can all be accessed in ways that are not restricted by physical configuration or geographic location.Source or sample of word "virtualize"
16. (virtualization) Representing one or more objects, services, or functions as a single abstract entity so that they can be managed or acted on collectively. ...Source or sample of word "virtualize"
17. (virtualization) a technique that uses software on a host computer to simulate the existence of another, independent computer environment (also called a virtual machine) on that same host.Source or sample of word "virtualize"
18. Computer virtualization refers to the abstraction of computer resources, such as the process of running two or more logical computer systems on one set of physical hardware.Source or sample of word "virtualize"
19. In storage, virtualization is a means by which multiple physical storage devices are viewed as a single logical unit. Virtualization can be accomplished in–band (in the data path) or out-of-band. ...Source or sample of word "virtualize"
20. Virtualization is the means of sharing a physical resource across multiple users with each of the users believing that they have all of the resource. The resource could be computing resources like servers, networks including the Internet, or storage.Source or sample of word "virtualize"
21. Virtualization refers to creating a setup where devices, applications and people communicate each other remotely. They make use of the Internet and Intranet to interact with one another.Source or sample of word "virtualize"
22. Virtualization suites allow one computer two run two or more different operating systems — like Windows, Mac OS, or Linux.Source or sample of word "virtualize"