1. have as an attribute, knowledge, or skill; "he possesses great knowledge about the Middle East"Source or sample of word "possess"
2. own: have ownership or possession of; "He owns three houses in Florida"; "How many cars does she have?"Source or sample of word "possess"
3. enter into and control, as of emotions or ideas; "What possessed you to buy this house?"; "A terrible rage possessed her"Source or sample of word "possess"
4. (possessed) obsessed: influenced or controlled by a powerful force such as a strong emotion; "by love possessed"Source or sample of word "possess"
5. (possessed) amuck: frenzied as if possessed by a demon; "the soldier was completely amuck"; "berserk with grief"; "a berserk worker smashing windows"Source or sample of word "possess"
6. (possession) the act of having and controlling propertySource or sample of word "possess"
7. (Possessed (1947 film)) Possessed is a 1947 Warner Bros. film starring Joan Crawford, Van Heflin, and Raymond Massey in a tale about an unstable woman's obsession with her ex-lover. The screenplay by Ranald MacDougall and Silvia Richards was based upon a story by Rita Weiman. ...Source or sample of word "possess"
8. (Possessed (2000 film)) Possessed is the name of a 2000 Showtime original movie starring Timothy Dalton, based on events appearing in the book Possessed by Thomas B. Allen, which is inspired by the exorcism case of Robbie Mannheim;Source or sample of word "possess"
9. (Possessed (2006 film)) Possessed is a 2006 Malaysian horror film starring Amber Chia and Harisu, and is the second feature film by director Bjarne Wong.Source or sample of word "possess"
10. (Possessed (album)) Possessed is the fourth album by heavy metal band Venom and the last before the departure of guitarist Jeffrey Dunn. ...Source or sample of word "possess"
11. (Possessed (band)) Possessed is an American death metal band, originally formed in 1983. Noted for their fast style of playing and Jeff Becerra's guttural vocals, they have been cited as a great influence on the death metal genre. ...Source or sample of word "possess"
12. (Possessed (Gojira album)) Possessed is the second demo release by Gojira (then Godzilla). It contains some of the band's earliest demos.Source or sample of word "possess"
13. To have; to have ownership of; To take control of someone's body or mind, especially in a supernatural manner; To vest ownership in (someone) with ownershipSource or sample of word "possess"
14. (possession) Something that is owned; Ownership; taking, holding, keeping something as one's own; A territory under the rule of another country; The condition or affliction of being possessed by a demon or other supernatural entity; Control of the ball; the opportunity to be on the offensive; ...Source or sample of word "possess"
15. (Possessed) A hero that harbors an entity inside of him/herself, e.g., The Spectre, Ghost RiderSource or sample of word "possess"
16. (possessed) (< Latin pos-, able + sedere, to sit) 1. owned. 2. contolled by an emotion; crazed; mad. 3. the state of a physical body while it is occupied, dominated or controlled by a discarnate entity or entities other than the original resident soul.Source or sample of word "possess"
17. (Possession) When a player controls the ball throughout the act of clearly touching both feet, or any other part of his body other than his hand(s), to the ground inbounds.Source or sample of word "possess"
18. (Possession) the taking over of one's mind, soul or body by an evil entity (demon)Source or sample of word "possess"
19. (Possession) Refers to cases in which a person's body is apparently taken over by another personality or entity.Source or sample of word "possess"
20. (Possession) Being in physical control of land or personal property, whether the owner or not. Possession may be lawful or wrongful.Source or sample of word "possess"
21. (Possession) Invasion of the human mind by a spiritual or demonic entity, where the invading agent for a span of time, influences or entirely subverts the personality of the human host. It is in these instances that the boundaries of psychology, religion and spiritualism are rendered less distinct.Source or sample of word "possess"
22. (Possession) When a buyer signs the papers and receives the keys to the house, the buyer officially takes possession.Source or sample of word "possess"
23. (Possession) In law, the right to have the control and use of a thing. One can have a right to the possession of a thing without owning it, as in the case of a car lease, or ownership without possession, as in the case of a landlord and an apartment suite. See “Ownership” and “Real Property.”Source or sample of word "possess"
24. (possession) the right to occupy a premisesSource or sample of word "possess"
25. (Possession) For GST/HST purposes, possession generally means you hold, control or occupy the property, that is, you pay property taxes, have the right to alter the land, take control of entry or access, or pay insurance coverage.Source or sample of word "possess"