1. An immunotoxin is a human-made protein that consists of a targeting portion linked to a toxin. When the protein binds to that cell, it is taken in through endocytosis, and the toxin kills the cell. They are used for the treatment of some kinds of cancer and a few viral infections.Source or sample of word "immunotoxin"
2. (immunotoxins) Semi-synthetic conjugates of various toxic molecules, including radioactive isotopes and bacterial or plant toxins, with specific immune substances such as immunoglobulins, monoclonal antibodies, and antigens. ...Source or sample of word "immunotoxin"
3. The coupling of an antibody and a molecule that is toxic to the cell.Source or sample of word "immunotoxin"
4. A biochemical conjugate, or recombinant fusion protein, consisting of an immune targeting molecule such as an antibody or antibody fragment together with a cytotoxic molecule.Source or sample of word "immunotoxin"
5. toxic agent attached to an antibody molecule, used to specially target tumor cells.Source or sample of word "immunotoxin"
6. An antibody linked to a toxic substance. Some immunotoxins can bind to cancer cells and kill them.Source or sample of word "immunotoxin"