3. fictional character: an imaginary person represented in a work of fiction (play or film or story); "she is the main character in the novel"Source or sample of word "character"
4. engrave or inscribe characters onSource or sample of word "character"
5. quality: a characteristic property that defines the apparent individual nature of something; "each town has a quality all its own"; "the radical character of our demands"Source or sample of word "character"
6. the inherent complex of attributes that determines a persons moral and ethical actions and reactions; "education has for its object the formation of character"- Herbert SpencerSource or sample of word "character"
7. an actor's portrayal of someone in a play; "she played the part of Desdemona"Source or sample of word "character"
8. a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities); "a real character"; "a strange character"; "a friendly eccentric"; "the capable type"; "a mental case"Source or sample of word "character"
9. Character (Karakter) is a 1997 Dutch/Belgian film, based on the best-selling novel by Ferdinand Bordewijk and directed by Mike van Diem. The film won the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film at the 70th Academy Awards. The film stars Fedja van Huêt, Jan Decleir, and Betty Schuurman.Source or sample of word "character"
10. Character is the seventh studio album by the Swedish melodic death metal band, Dark Tranquillity. The album was first released in January 24, 2005 through Century Media Records. ...Source or sample of word "character"
11. In computer and machine-based telecommunications terminology, a character is a unit of information that roughly corresponds to a grapheme, grapheme-like unit, or symbol, such as in an alphabet or syllabary in the written form of a natural language.Source or sample of word "character"
12. For purposes of calculating a taxpayer's tax liability, character is the type of income. In the U.S. the Supreme Court decided in Commissioner v. Glenshaw Glass Co. that income is an accession to wealth, however capital gain is of different character from ordinary income. ...Source or sample of word "character"
13. In mathematics, a character is (most commonly) a special kind of function from a group to a field (such as the complex numbers). There are at least two distinct, but overlapping meanings. Other uses of the word "character" are almost always qualified.Source or sample of word "character"
14. A persona, in the word's everyday usage, is a social role or a character played by an actor. This is an Italian word that derives from the Latin for a kind of mask made to resonate with the voice of the actor (per sonare meaning "to sound through").Source or sample of word "character"
15. A being involved in the action of a story; A written or printed symbol, or letter; A distinguishing feature; characteristic; A complex of mental and ethical traits marking a person or a group; A moral strength; A person with many notable or eccentric features; A complex number representing an ...Source or sample of word "character"
16. (charactered) (a): engraved, imprinted, written. FS (6-2H6, TGV (1st OED citation), Edw3, Lucrece, Sonnet); Kyd Sol&Per.Source or sample of word "character"
17. (a-characters) The character set used in the ISO 9660 Volume Descriptors. It consists of capital A to Z, digits 0 to 9, and the following symbols: (space) ! " % & ' ( ) = * + , - . / : ; < ? > _Source or sample of word "character"
18. (Characters) n. The usual western name for one of the three suits in Mah Jong. Same as Kraks, Ten ThousandsSource or sample of word "character"
19. (characters) the letters, numbers, symbols, punctuation marks that appear in a word processing documentSource or sample of word "character"
20. (CHARACTERS) I have used the term 'character' fairly frequently in the above paragraphs. It is worth spending some time considering what a character is, and what it is not. Scientists do tend to use it in different ways. ...Source or sample of word "character"
21. (CHARACTERS) Single term for either letters or figures. See "Faces" for face types. (See "Styles" for letter styles)Source or sample of word "character"
22. (Characters (tiles)) Thirty-six tiles with the Chinese character of ten thousand. Also known as craks.Source or sample of word "character"
23. (Characters) Charmed Ones | Close friends | Family and friends | Magical beingsSource or sample of word "character"
24. (Characters) Criticism · Episode list · History · Quotes · Places · Quahog · Voice actors · Guest StarsSource or sample of word "character"
25. (Characters) Kevin · Kell · Lindesfarne · Rudy · ConeySource or sample of word "character"
26. (Characters) Link - Ganondorf - King Harkinian - Tingle - Vaati - That Old Man from The Legend Of Zelda - Impa - Lord Jabu-JabuSource or sample of word "character"
27. (Characters) Monkey D. Luffy, Roronoa Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Tony Tony Chopper, Nico Robin, Franky, Brook, Nefertari Vivi, Portgas D. Ace, Wiper, Smoker, Tashigi, Axe-Hand Morgan, Marine, Buggy the Clown, Captain Kuro, Don Krieg, Arlong, Foxy, Trafalgar Law, Rob Lucci, Blueno, Mr. ...Source or sample of word "character"